It is used in pumps, transferring feed water with the temperature of 150 °С and greater.
Modernized pump WORTINGTON
Bearing and seals block 54BPU
- As rotor supports, plain bearings are used with the faces of silicon carbide-to-silicon carbide.
- Plain bearings and a mechanical seal are lubricated and cooled with pumped medium.
- Each shaft end is sealed with a single mechanical seal.
- Distance between supports (shaft base) is essentially reduced, thus improving vibration characteristics of the pumping unit.
- Shaft length is reduced in comparison with the standard structure.
Bearing and face seal cooling is done by outside cooling units, with circulation ensured by built-in impellers and natural circulation in “hot standby” mode.
The chart of modernization